Saturday, June 13, 2009

Thing 43 - Online TV and Video

I explored Hulu and Joost. I knew you could go online to view last night's edition of Grays anatomy or the Office but I wasn't sure where you did this. I thought it was on the network website and maybe this is one way to do it. Looks like these sites are a mish mash of new and older stuff. You can watch old reruns of Mary Tyler Moore on Hulu. If you sign up you can get updates on new shows, etc. I know younger people who do watch regular broadcast shows online if they don't have a TV nearby or it doesn't work with their schedules. I always thought you would need to have a Tivo to tape shows but now I'm not sure you need that.
What is the impact of free video on the internet on Broadcast or Cable TV? In some ways, it is like free advertising for them.
How does it impact me or my family? The main thing is we are not bound to a particular TV schedule.

No comments: